Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Go Forward, Again

Jan. 29th:

And repeat.  After accomplishing what you have set out to do, find something else you want to do.  Losing weight can be hard and exhausting, mentally and physically.  When you get to the goal you set it's exhilarating.  All your hard work paid off.  Time to sit back on your laurels, right?  Sure, maybe for a couple days, but then its time to get back to work.  Now that you have done what you thought impossible, find something else that you think is impossible and prove yourself wrong. 

I reached my goal weight yesterday and woke up today feeling extremely unmotivated.  I'm there, why do I have to keep working so hard my groggy brain threw at me when the alarm went off at 4:30am this morning.  Because getting up early and working out is me time, and I want to see what I can do next.  Because if I stop now, what was all of it for.  Mostly I get up and keep going, because it wasn't about getting to this goal in the first place.  I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle for the rest of my life, so that I can do the things I want to do.  The reasons for starting have to be good enough to keep you going when you think you are done.

Once you reach your goal, its not time to stop doing all the great things you were doing.  It's time to take stock, just like when you started.  If you are happy with your weight, figure out how many calories you should have a day to maintain.  It will be more than you needed to lose weight, but make sure to increase your caloric intake in a healthy manner.   Keeping the good health you just attained will still take work, but you know you are worth it!

Early  morning sweat session <3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment