Sunday, January 12, 2014

Out of the mouths of babes...

January 12th:

I asked my daughter what she would tell someone who wanted to be healthy and this is her response: "I would tell them to eat an apple, and carrots, and maybe an orange, and when they want a treat I would say one, but no more".

What tickled me most, was that all the healthy ingredients she listed, except for the carrot, where in the fruit bowl on the table that she was looking at.  She is wise beyond her years if you pick apart what she said.  Eat whole foods, the more you can recognize your foods and know what is inside, the better.  Obviously more fruits and veggies, but that doesn't mean you can't have a treat every now and then, just in moderation.

I'm trying myself to make treats a moderation thing, instead of an insane binge thing.  I seem unable to refrain from eating all the sweets I can manage, as opposed to just a serving.  I'm still a work in progress and with steadfast determination, I will continue to try and reteach myself how to eat. 

We eat to fuel our bodies and our mind.  We have to work towards enticing the mind without gunking the engine too often <3

 Afternoon walk at Crystal Cove.  Jan. 12, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment