Sunday, January 26, 2014

Time for a training montage!

Jan. 26th:

What you have to handle today is preparing you for tomorrow.  Sometimes we are not given the exact training for what we have to face, but if we work with what we have we can pull through. 

This quote reminds me of the stories where the protagonist has a kind of training montage before the climax.  Everything done before that point of the story is building the character towards it, and the character often doesn't know what the climactic showdown will be. 

It's okay to not know what we are being prepared for, just as long as we keep trying to learn from where we are at.  Take opportunities as they arise and get the most out of them while they are there.  Live your life like you don't know what tomorrow will bring and you will live with no regrets.

Something silly I do to push myself harder when I run, is to imagine that I may have to rely on my ability to run to save my daughter.  The harder I push myself today, the faster I will be able to run in the future.

On the other side of the coin, all of my past relationships helped teach me what to look for in my forever relationship.  Though it hurt at the time when they failed, I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.  I appreciate what I have now because of them.

Work hard today so you can do more tomorrow with your new found strength <3

No comments:

Post a Comment