Saturday, January 11, 2014

The tortoise and the hare

With as wordy as I can get I figured I should find a more suitable place for my ramblings.  Welcome to inspirations for 2014!  I hope it helps you as much as it is helping me.

Jan 11th: Today's inspiration came to me while running, and as I've said before, I'm not a good runner but I keep putting one foot in front of the other and when I'm done I'm sweating.  It counts, I swear.

"Be the tortoise, not the hare"

It is easy to compare ourselves to others when starting on a healthier lifestyle and be discouraged, but I'm here to remind you that it doesn't stop. I'm 67lbs lighter than I was when I started and feel amazing, but when I see pictures of women who are in superb shape I feel disappointed in myself that I'm not there.  I do that for a moment and then the fire inside of me, says no! I am fabulous and I don't have to look like anyone else to be proud of what I've done or haven't done.  And I have put one foot in front of the other over and over.

I haven't had a straight line in my path.  I have wavered in my eating. However, exercise has been my saving grace and I don't mean I punish myself for over eating by exercising more.  But making exercise a habit has kept me sane. After a meal that makes me embarrassed and guilty, I remind myself that my path is not closed.  I will wake up the next morning, get my workout done, and carry on with life.

This path is your journey in life, you may not be where you want to be, but keep putting one foot in front of the other like the tortoise and you will cross the finish line ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment